Down Time–Top 10 Reasons Moms Love Their eReaders!
Hi, author Susan Rae here. Welcome to my blog and the Mother’s Day Book Blast Blog Hop. Leave a comment below and you will automatically be entered to win a free download of Heartbeats or Freefall!
Mommy down time—we all need it. Unfortunately it often comes in fits and spurts and we have to make the most of it when we get it. What is the one thing that helps Moms get a quick break now and then in this hectic world we live in? Their eReaders. Here is my highly scientific survey on the top ten reasons why moms absolutely love their e-readers. Okay, I admit, it’s not all that scientific–I simply asked a few mothers what they love about their eReaders and this is what we came up with!
1o. On The Go: eReaders are lightweight and fit easily into the diaper bag.
9. The Forever Nursing Baby: Easy to hold the baby in one arm/hand and your eReader in the other. Super easy to turn the page with a touch of the button. Doesn’t disturb baby.
8. Up All Night: When that sick baby insists on sleeping on your chest all night! It helps to have an eReader with a glow light for this one.
7. Baby Fat: You can prop the eReader on the treadmill while trying to lose those extra baby pounds.
6. Spilt Milk: Just plop the eReader down and attend to any one of the ten catastrophes that strike during the day. Pick it back up and you haven’t lost your place.
5. Soccer Practice, Or T-Ball Practice, or ________ practice—you fill in the blank! Your latest novel is at your fingertips while you sit in the stands and wait, and wait, and wait…
4. Are We There Yet?: Take same eReader and give it to the kid in the back seat with his favorite game on it to keep him from nagging you while you drive to that soccer practice, or T-Ball practice, or …
3. Angry Birds or Plants vs. Zombies: Your turn! What a great way to get your aggression out when those same kids that you’ve driven all over the place are driving you crazy!
2. After Hours Wine Down: Same as Number 9, except this time it’s a glass of wine in one hand and the eReader with your favorite novel on it in the other.
And the Number One top reason why Mommies love their eReaders?
Guilty Pleasures: Because you can read your favorite spicy romance novel anywhere at anytime without anyone knowing what you’re reading—even in the doctor’s office! Except for that little smile on your face, of course.
And, with that said, I’d love to introduce you to heartbeats. heartbeats is my spicy romantic suspense novel that features single mom Dr. Elizabeth Iverson, crack FBI agent Drake McGuire, and Elizabeth’s precocious five-and-a-half year old daughter, Allison. Love, passion, romance, and intrigue—it’s all here as Elizabeth, like all of us, tries to provide a safe, controlled environment for herself and Allison. But all her efforts seem futile when danger still finds them.
Love makes your pulse race, but passion can kill…
–Dr. Elizabeth Iverson’s career is on track. She’s just landed the enviable position as lead cardiologist at a prestigious Chicago heartcare center working under a renowned cardiovascular surgeon. But her plans for a quiet, controlled life are shattered when she discovers her college roommate murdered in her apartment. When her former lover, FBI Special Agent Drake McGuire, shows up on her doorstep with the cops, he unleashes a storm in her heart that further threatens to destroy her world, especially when he insists on hanging around to help solve the case when it becomes apparent that Elizabeth was the intended target for murder!
Four Stars! Romantic Times Magazine “A terrific tale of romantic intrigue, with characters who are intelligent, skilled professionals and to whom we can easily relate.”— Marilyn Weigel, RTM
Click here to read more about heartbeats.
Please leave a comment below and you will automatically be entered into a drawing to win a free download of heartbeats or my June release, Freefall. After you have left your comment, click on the banner below to go back to the blog hop. Happy hopping and Happy Mothers Day!
Copyright © 2012 by Susan Rae