For The Romance Of It All
Welcome to my blog and The Romance Reviews’ Fall into Romance Blog Hop.
Read on for my interview with fellow romantic suspense author Tracie Ingersoll Loy. Afterwards, leave a comment and you will be automatically entered into a drawing for a free download of one of my novels, your choice! Follow my blog, and you’ll receive a second entry. Then click on the button at the end of the post to continue on with the hop for more great opportunities to win prizes. (Please note, you don’t have to do all your hopping in one day. You can space yourself out over 9 days. The hop will end on Saturday, September 21, at 11:59pm EST.)
Today, I am featuring fellow romantic suspense author Tracie Ingersoll Loy and her debut novel, Slip Into the Night. I truly enjoyed this novel as it took me to the islands of the Pacific Northwest, one of the many places in the U.S. I have yet to visit, but plan to add to my list now. I love romantic settings. I especially love them when they are juxtaposed against danger and intrigue. It’s what I strive for in my own novels. (For more information on my books, Click Here.) An author with a similar heart, Loy does this well in Slip Into the Night. Part woman’s fiction, part mystery, part romance–there is something for everyone in her novel. And if all the mystery isn’t completely tied up at the end, that’s okay, because Loy’s sequel, Deep Into the Night, is coming in October!
While I work on Book Three in the DeLuca Family series, TRUE blue, which promises a trip to Montana’s majestic Glacier National Park, let me step aside and let Ms. Loy take the stage. Here is my brief interview with her along with the blurb and buy link for Slip Into the Night.
Hello, Tracie. Thanks for joining us today.
1. Can you tell us why you chose the Pacific Northwest and specifically Hartz Island for your setting in Slip Into the Night? Is Hartz Island a real island? Hartz Island is fictitious. I created the island from several islands in the San Juan chains. My Aunt and Uncle lived up in the islands and we visited them in the summers.
2. Do you have a favorite character from your books, and if so, who? I like them all but Montana makes me laugh. She is quirky.
3. If your book was made into a TV movie, what characters would you like to see play the role of Kip and Jeannie? For Kip, I could see George Clooney, Kevin Costner or Hugh Jackman if he could lose his Aussie accent. For Jeannie, I see Andie McDowell, Sandra Bullock, or Tom Hanks’ wife, Rita Wilson.
4. Is there anything you want readers to get out of your books? Yes, follow your dreams, no matter how big or small they are.
5. What can we look forward to in Deep Into the Night? ICE Agent, Jack Wyatt returns to Hartz Island to solve the mysteries uncovered in the spring. Jack is convinced the increase in human trafficking in Seattle and on the west coast is being routed through the islands from Canada. Cassie Ryan is on the run from her Russian mob boyfriend. The only place for her to hide is Hartz Island.
It sounds intriguing, Tracie. I can’t wait to read it!
Jeannie Rogers has retreated to Hartz Island to follow her dream of opening a small cafe and catering for the Lodge .
Retired Navy SEAL Commander Kip Hendricks has one mission in life – to stop terrorism. He and his crew have arrived on Hartz Island for a surveillance op – monitoring Indonesian cargo ships which they believe are being used to smuggle terrorists into the USA. They bunker down at the Lodge to discuss tactics.
From the moment Jeannie falls into Kip’s arms while delivering her pies, both worlds are turned upside down. Things continue to heat up when they spend a night out on the water, then discover the hidden cove where the terrorist have slipped into the the night.
Intrigue and romance sizzle as Jeannie and Kip explore the intense attraction they have for each other while discovering that life is not so innocent on Hartz Island!
“…the characters are believable and their struggles give the reader a glimpse of a captivating real life love story.”
What is your favorite setting? Please, leave your comment below to be entered into the drawing for a free download of freefall, heartbeats, or ICE blue, your choice. Follow my blog and earn another entry. Then click the button to follow on with the hop!